Sunday, July 18, 2010

Pierre Cardin



The other night, I was flipping through my house mate's copy of Marie Claire and was fairly excited to come across an article about Jean-Pascal Hesse’s book on Pierre Cardin. I am yet to lay eyes on a hard copy of this puppy, but “Pierre Cardin: 60 years of Innovation” looks particularly lovely. 


I grew up with a Bird of Paradise bush right outside my bedroom window. This is a Pierre Cardin LAMP! I love. I love lamp.



I remember my brother’s best friend Ross gave him a Pierre Cardin dressing gown for his 21st birthday. I’ve never seen two 21 year old boys so excited over a piece of terry towelling. Mind you, it was a particularly stylish piece of towelling. My brother wore it for the entire week of his 21st celebrations. In the middle of a Sydney summer...

 
The book has been launched to celebrate his fashion house’s 60th anniversary - and what an action packed 60 years it has been! A blurb for this book points out that we can now “wear, eat, drink or live in Cardin: cigarettes, champagne, cosmetics, perfume, chocolate, wallpaper, automobiles, planes—his name is on everything.”


coming to a music festival near you...

  So today, I’ve had a browse around and found some lovely little images of his work.



No comments:

Post a Comment